The academic year has set off! Well, at least for me…Sleeping-in is out and early mornings are back in! We have all been through that dreadful morning when we woke up late to class/school/work and had barely any time to get ready. Especially with the beginning of the year, when you have still not regulated your sleeping hours and gotten used to going to bed early, waking up and getting ready in the morning could be the most difficult task of the day; I know it is for me! For that reason, I compiled a list of tips that I have learned from beauty experts and by trial and error. Thanks to this list, I can get my beauty sleep and not worry about being late, and I hope you will too!
Since we don’t have much time to get ready, but we still want to look decent, the focus should mostly be on the skin. If your skin looks flawless, you won’t give the impression that you just got out of bed and you will look radiant and fresh!
1. Don’t use foundation:
After cleansing and moisturizing your face ( never skip that step even if you have to sacrifice putting on makeup) start off with a very fast and easy base. For those days when you are in a hurry, don’t wear your regular foundation, rather, opt for a lighter product with some coverage and SPF to it and you are good to go. Foundations typically need more time to blend and you could easily end up wearing too much and looking cakey (nobody wants that). Now, I am not at all a foundation girl(I’ve never worn foundation), as I feel it would break me out and make me feel uncomfortable, I always opt for a BB cream, CC cream or a Tinted moisturizer and I recommend you do that too when you are in a hurry.
If you absolutely cannot stand the sensation of creams on your face, go for a powder foundation(make sure you have moisturised properly) or set those creams with any powder you have.
These products are almost certainly goof proof and are your best friend when you are in a rush since you can skip applying SPF and primer altogether, they also give you a wash of color and blend out seamlessly.
- Garnier Miracle skin Perfecter- Oil Free. (best coverage and longevity)
- L’oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier(great coverage)
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear correct and Perfect CC cream(matte and long lasting)
The best thing about this list is that they are all drugstore and affordable. The Garnier one is definitely my go to and favourite of them all. I use a make-up sponge with these products for the most even coverage. I spot corrector with concealer and I’m are good to go.
- High-end option: Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation (great coverage alone but not to set with)
- Drugstore option: Maybelline New York 24 hour Powder (works alone and also for setting)
- Drugstore option: Rimmel Stay Matte powder (Perfect to set with)
2. Use your bronzer as a blush too:
The worst thing on a morning where you are in a hurry is having to browse through your make-up collection looking for a certain product and brush! In this case, use your all over bronzer as a blush too by dragging it slightly on the apples of your cheeks after you’ve applied it to the hallows. Ideally, use a bronzer with a hint of shimmer for an over all glow!
- Victoria Secret Ultimate Glow face trio (shimmer)
- Nyx Illuminating Bronzer (shimmer)
- L’oreal Paris Glam Bronze Terra Bronzer (matte)
- Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder (matte)
3. Brows Make or Break You:
Your eyebrows frame your face, so never ever EVER skip on grooming them. In mornings when you are in a hurry, opt for a brow pencil or a tinted brow mascara instead of a brow pomade or powder as they are easier and faster to work with.
PS: Try to keep your eyebrows trimmed so that you have an easier time shaping them in the morning.
- Maybelline Brow Satin (Pencil and Powder duo)
- L’oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara (Tinted Brow gel)
- Benefit Gimme brow! (Tinted Brow gel)
4.Lastly, Curl Your Lashes:
This may seem like an extra step but trust me it is actually a time saver! I notice that whenever I curl my lashes, first, it takes me less time to achieve long curly lashes, but most importantly my mascara does not get on my eyelids! No matter what mascara I would use, I always used to smudge it all over my eyelids and close to my lash-line, but when I curl my lashes prior, that doesn’t happen and then I don’t have to waste time waiting for my mascara to dry so I can wipe it away. Coat your lashes with a couple layers of mascara, run a nude eyeliner through your waterline to open up the eyes and you are good to go!
- High-end options: The Balm Mad Lash Mascara
- High-end options: Benefit They’re Real! Mascara
- Drugstore option: L’oreal Million Lashes Excess
- Drugstore option: Maybelline Lash Sensational
Recommended Products-Nude eyeliner:
- Nyx Slide on Glide on gel liners
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof
And that completes my tips for a quick make-up look! I am not by any means a makeup artist or beauty expert but I have spent a fair amount of time learning from them! I am also not saying that you are obliged to wear makeup every single day, let alone on days when you are in a hurry! I personally don’t walk out of the door without at least concealer on my face, so if you are like me, these tips will be great for you!